|Origin||Los Angeles California, United States|
|Past members||Hermann Senac|
Grandpa Pete Deyoung
The Groovy Rednecks are an alt-country band from Los Angeles, California, who refer to themselves as being a "country band for people who hate country" and a "Drinkin' Band". The Rednecks consist of vocalist/lyricist Tex Troester, guitarist Bob Ricketts, bassist Steve Seifert, drummer Chris Baily and guitarist Gary Riley.
Since forming in 1991, the Rednecks have played over 900 shows. The band has been considered a top LA Country Band for decades, was named a Top-10 LA Country/Americana band in 2017, and has been featured on the cover and in an in-depth story in the LA Weekly. They record for the label "Chicken Fried Steaks" and have been extolled for their "...wild, hootin’ and hollerin’ country rock..." As of 2020, they've released five CDs.
- Tex Troester – Vocals (founder)
- Bob Ricketts – Guitar
- Steve Seifert - Bass
- Gary Riley – Guitar / mandolin
- Chris Bailey - Drums
- 1997: Buzzed
- 1999: Wishful Drinking
- 2003: Ass Grabbin’ Country
- 2006: Loud Mouth Drunks
- 2013: Tawdry Tales
- "Los Angeles Magazine Story on LA's live music scene". Los Angeles Magazine. August 10, 2018.
- "LA Weekly Story on Hollywood Country Music". LAWeekly. December 15, 2005.
- "LA Weekly Story on The 10 Best Country/Americana Artists in Los Angeles Right Now". LAWeekly. September 7, 2017.
- "LA Weekly Story on Hollywood Country Music". LAWeekly. January 6, 2005.
- "Culver City News Entertainment". Culver City News. December 15, 2017.
- "Allmusic Discography". All Music. May 9, 2020.