Sunset Thomas (born Diane Fowler; given name Diane Thomas) is an American artist and former pornographic actress. She was runner-up for Penthouse Pet of the Year in 1998 and is a member of the AVN, XRCO, and Legends of Erotica halls of fame.
She worked as a prostitute at the Moonlite BunnyRanch, and according to Dennis Hof made $2000 a night. She later told interviewer Andrew Anthony that there is no real difference between pornography and prostitution.
Adult film career
Thomas was inducted into the AVN Hall of Fame in 2001. After appearing in the Cathouse documentaries, Thomas was featured in the 2005 documentary Pornstar Pets and made an appearance on Maury, in which she encountered a crush from her middle school days. The episode was titled 'I Was An Ugly Teen... Now I'm a Hot, Sexy 10!'. In 2006, Thomas obtained her own show on KSEX radio called Sunset After Sunset. In 2007, she appeared on the Montel Williams Show to discuss her porn career and being a mother.
In April 2009 Thomas released her erotic fiction novel, Anatomy of an Adult Film, which was largely a fictionalized account of her adult film career. She was inducted into the Legends of Erotica Hall of Fame in 2009 and the XRCO Hall of Fame in April 2010.
Thomas is also a boxing writer and has had columns and articles published on websites such as doghouseboxing.com.
- Antonio Santiago (2008-11-15). "A Reliable Source Special Interview: Star of Cathouse Sunset Thomas". ringsidereport.com. Archived from the original on May 27, 2009. Retrieved 2008-11-16.
- "Suit against Sunset Thomas offers new wrinkle in the oldest profession". Lasvegassun.com. 2013-06-17. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Richard Abowitz (2006-04-27). "Sunset Thomas and I Bond Over Vegas". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on 2011-02-16. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- Kurt Soller (2009-12-08). "Ask a Porn Star: Could Tiger Really Have Slept with Holly Sampson & Joslyn James?". Esquire. Retrieved 26 March 2011.
- "Risky Business", The Observer, 1 August 2004
- David Sullivan (2006-12-17). "Sunrise Adams Rises Again". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-08. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "Sunrise Adams Rises Again".
- "Sunset Thomas Writes Erotic Fiction Based on Adult Career". AVN. 2009-05-18. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "Legends of Erotica Announces 2009 Hall of Fame Inductees AVN".
- "XRCO Announces 2010 Nominees". AVN.com. 2010-03-04. Retrieved 2010-03-04.
- Thomas, Sunset (26 September 2011). "The Harder They Fall: Is there anyone willing to question a Hall of Fame Referee?". Doghouse Boxing. Archived from the original on 4 October 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sunset Thomas.|