|Merged||January 23, 2006|
(now part of Sōsa)
|• Total||80.75 km2 (31.18 sq mi)|
(September 30, 2005)
|• Density||399/km2 (1,030/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+09:00 (JST)|
Fukuoka Town was established on April 1, 1889 within Sōsa District, Chiba. It changed its name to Yōkaichiba on December 8, 1915. On March 31, 1954, the town expanded greatly through the annexation of the neighboring villages of Heiwa, Chinkai, Sōsa, Toyosaka, Suga, Kyōkō, Yoshida, Iidaka, and Toyowa, all within Sōsa District. Yōkaichiba was elevated to city status on July 1, 1954.
Yōkaichiba Tōshō-gū is a local Shinto shrine.